Pages

Friday 20 September 2019

Cross Country!!


Running, running and running is just so much to do! Getting hot, and exhausted is what I am so out of the blue. Monday is our annual Cross Country and I am looking forward to cheering on Hikianalia! Goooo Yellow! This year is my very last year I would ever be doing a cross country at Pt England School, which will be very sad from my behalf. But what is so exciting is that we all got to participate in the 2019 cross country at Pt England School.

What have you placed in your cross country? Let’s just say that I tried my very best and I know that I am not a very good runner, but it helps out on our health and how active you are. As normal everyone is sitting down quietly in their bright house colors, Red - Te Aurere, Blue - Hine Moana, Green - Hokulea, and Yellow - Hikianalia. We all start with our house chants led by our house captains, Tupuia - Chastity, Leonardy - Monika, Leiite - Paikea, and Kurtas - Petesa

I first was very excited, but once the announcement was made for the year eights girls to run we all were nervous. Lining up getting ready to run. “On your marks, get set, goooo!” We first start to sprint the whole filed but once we got near the fence I stopped, my partner stopped but started running once we were able to run. As always the year sevens and eights would have to run 2 laps around the school filed and the Pt England Reserve.  

It was very tiring and difficult, but I managed to persevere through it. It was a very beautiful day to run outside, and I think that we were lucky enough to have the run. Although I didn’t get top 3 or even top 20, I was extremely proud of myself for pushing myself in a very difficult run. If you haven’t tried out cross country at your school then you should try it. It gives you a good feeling and makes you very pleased with yourself. Once you finish the run it is a big success!! 

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Petesa, reading your post reminded me of lots of cross country days I have participated in. I enjoyed it the most when the weather was good too! Well done on your success.
    Noho ora mai,
    Mrs Grant

    ReplyDelete