Pages

Saturday 12 January 2019

SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) Day 3, Week 1

Activity 1 (Fantastic Beasts) (4 Points) 



_________________________________________________________________________________
Activity 2 (The Secretive Skink) (4 Points) 


For me I don't really think I would like to be a DOC Ranger the reasons why is because I am a girl that doesn't do things like this. I really don't like being around the ocean alot cause it sometimes causes me to be sick, but since I gave my reasons why I wouldn't like to be a DOC Ranger why don't you comment down your positive comment down below if you would like to be a DOC Ranger! If you do then I really think that you are a very caring and loving person. 

______________________________________________________________

Activity 3 (WWF) (10 Points) World Wildlife Fund 


In 1961, a number of people came together to start an organisation called the World Wildlife Fund (WWF). The main goal of this organisation was/is to protect life on earth. Hundreds of WWF staff work in countries all over the world trying to protect our planet and the animals who live here, including the Maui Dolphin. At present there are only 63 Maui Dolphins left in the world and the WWF is asking for our help to protect them. They have created a petition that everyone in New Zealand is invited to sign. If you would like to sign the petition to save them, please follow this link. 

WWF is working on to save the Freshwater Seals. Why? Because half of them are dying and they do need help if you are wanting to help click this link and it should take you straight to the website. But let me give you some information about what the WWF is working on. 



People are trying to save the Freshwater Seals by building snowbanks for the arriving newborn baby's. If they didn't build the snowbanks the seal pups will pretty much die.



I think what the WWF Company are very brave of them cause I bet that no one around the world would help to save our animals. They are doing a very amazing job to help and save our animals.     

1 comment:


  1. Kia Ora Petesa,

    I’m Dani, a blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I normally spend my time in the Kaikohekohe cluster but I have had the chance to check out some amazing posts in the Manaiakalani cluster! I look forwarding to reading and commenting on Manaiakalani learner’s blogs.

    Wow, you have done an amazing job drawing and describing your terrifying beast! I don’t think I would ever want to be on the bad side of your beast! Luckily I am not a villain so he won’t be able to read my mind but just in case I don’t think I will think anything bad of him! How big is The Red Blooded Triangle? As big as a human or even bigger??

    You have crafted a very detailed list of pros and cons of being a DoC Ranger, Ka pai! We are lucky here in New Zealand that we don’t have many, if any violent animals in our forests. But Australia is very different! I don’t think I would want to be a DoC Ranger in Australia, there are too many animals that could harm me! I think I would like to be a DoC Ranger because it would be a great way to explore the different parts of our country. That’s okay that you don’t want to be a DoC Ranger. Have you got any ideas on what kind of job you would like to do when you are older?

    I agree that the WWF are very brave but they are also caring. The people who built up the snow banks are all volunteers, people who are working for free. Do you think they have made a difference by building the snow banks? If you could volunteer for the WWF, what country would you like to work in or what animal would you like to help? I would love to help in The Coral Triangle to protect endangered Sea Turtles.

    Keep up the great work! I can’t wait to read more of your blog soon!

    Blog ya later,

    Dani

    ReplyDelete