Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

SLJ (Summer Learning Journey) Day 5, Week 1,

Activity 1 (Towering Timbers) (4 Points) Is logging good for New Zealand?

There is a long and rich history of logging in New Zealand. Logging involves cutting down trees. The people who cut them down are called loggers. The trees that they cut down are sold and used to build things (eg. houses), to make products (eg. paper), and to generate (create) heat and power. Over the past two centuries, many of the trees in New Zealand have been cut down by loggers.
____________________________________________________________________
I will be giving you two different opinions of why logging should not be a thing in New Zealand and why it should. 

1. I think that logging is not much of a problem. Why? Because they help us. What they do is cut down trees so that we can live in houses they use those trees so that we can live in places and be safe. So I really don't think that logging is really a big deal. Believe it or not most of the medicine is actually made out of tree, a very interesting fact right!  

2. Why I think we shouldn't have logging in New Zealand? It's because it is ruining our nature it doesn't help our country to stay healthy so I do think that the loggers should be cutting less at a time. Well pretty much if we had no trees around us we will probably be not living in this world right now. Also trees grows alot of things like food, flowers and many more so we shouldn't be cutting our trees. 

________________________________________________________________
Activity 2 (Living on the Edge) (4 Points) Write A Letter!

_________________________________________________________________________________
Activity 3 (Going, going....gone) (10 Points) 2018 In New Zealand


2018 here in New Zealand was differently the best years. I positively had a great time in my hometown of Auckland! In Auckland, you get to see many things like the Sky Tower, restaurants and of course beautiful beaches. 

The most exciting thing is that when the Tongans took over the whole of Auckland. The most fun thing that happened during the MMT (Mate M'aa Tonga) games is probably when the decorate there houses with the bright red colors and of course there Big red and white flags. I do differently think that the Tongans were proud to be Tongans.

All though like I said 2018 was great and crazy. I will be looking forward to next years amazing facts!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Petesa,
    I am very surprised, because you have put so much effort and passion into this post. You have explained 3 different activities altogether in 1 blog post, it's just amazing. It is also very informative and holds so much stuff.

    I like the part when you had 2 different opinions about logging, it just proves to show the pros and cons of the same things. You said the logging gives us shelter, but it ruins our environment. I agree completely with both sides.

    What are you most excited for in 2019?

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Petesa,
    I am Vitaraag. About the first activity I think you are right on the second reason. But only the second because it is a big deal to me. The rest of the other ones are perfect. You have put so much effort into this. I think you description of tundra is great. Keep up the good work.

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talofa Lava Tesa ,

    Activity 1 - What a Great start to the end of the week for week 1 Good job !!! I agree with you on your first activity because Trees produce air and why would they be cutting trees down also it make nature not nice ......

    Activity 2 - Thank you so much for Writing me a Letter about your trip to Tundra , I really enjoyed reading it and hearing about what was it like in Tundra !!! What was your first impression of Tundra ???? Well Done Tesa !!!!

    Activity 3 - What an Great Description you have written about New Zealand , I gotta Say With all the Tongan's taking over Auckland was Amazing it had to be my Favourtive Part too !!! Keep up the amazing Work Tesa !!!!

    Overall - This Post was an Amazing one to read and look what you have done , You have put so much Effort into this work so Well done and keep up the hard work , Can't wait to see more blogging from you !!!!

    Best Wishes ,
    Lilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aloha Petesa,

    Cia here from the Summer Learning Journey Ako Hiko team. I have the opportunity today to engage with some of you people here in the Manaiakalani Cluster which is awesome.

    You have stated your opinion on the subject of logging here in Aotearoa, ka pai. I like that you have included your thoughts on why it should and shouldn't be allowed. I agree that trees can be cut down to make resources that help us and I am thankful my house is built from strong wood from trees. However, I tend to think that for the amount of good things logging provides there is an even greater amount of bad. Did you know that trees have the ability to provide oxygen? Imagine if there were no trees left..

    You have written an informative letter to your friend about your day at the Tundra. I like the way you used lots of specific words to help her understand just how cold you felt in the Tundra. Perhaps next time you could talk about the views and animals you would've come across. There is quite a range of wildlife, despite the extreme cold!

    You have written a nice little description about our country Aotearoa. I agree that our country has lots of beautiful scenery. I love having barbecues in the summertime, whether it's at the beach, park or my own backyard! Maybe next time you could include the names and pictures of some of special places here in Aotearoa. I bet tourists would appreciate the recommendations.

    Oh yes! I remember the MMT craze, I swear no one can celebrate like a MMT fan! The abundance of red I saw in that time was crazy. Mate Ma'a Tonga!

    Thank you for an informative post, keep up the good work. :)

    Toe feiloa'i fo'i (see you again),

    Cia.



    ReplyDelete